Many SAP objects are linked to DMS documents. With the DMS graphics add-on, you can read graphics that are stored in DMS documents and integrate them into forms based on SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe.
Examples for form output with DMS graphics:
- Printing of quotations, order confirmations and delivery notes with product pictures
- Printing of purchase orders with product images
- Printing production orders with product images, explosion drawings or technical drawings
- Attach certificates with pictograms and other graphics to SAP forms
- Printing labels with pictograms and other graphics
- Printing export documents with graphics
Determine the relevant DMS graphics
The DVS graphic add-on is based on ABAP coding, on the SAP application server, which runs through the print program or the form interface during the form output.
The program uses the link to the SAP object to determine the file to be inserted into the form.
The SAP objects can be, for example:
- material number,
- production order.
Supported graphics formats
The DMS graphics add-on supports the integration of the following formats:
- jpg, tif, png, bmp, gif
Attach documents to a form
You can attach documents to the form using the DMS Graphics AddOn. This function is often required when printing production orders.
Technical drawings or photos of the product are printed after the actual form “Production order”.
Inserting documents into forms
You can use the DVS Graphics Add-On to add documents or linked graphics or images to any position in the form.
For example, you can attach an image to the material number in quotations, order confirmations or purchase orders. This functionality contributes significantly to the optical external representation of your sales forms.
Include documents in the email cover letter
In combination with the solidforms Email-AddOn, you can integrate documents or linked graphics or images in email cover letters.
This allows you to underline your marketing message with emails from SAP.
- ABAP program with classes and function modules
- create the technical functionality for integrating documents into SAP Adobe forms
- Detailed documentation
Note: The DMS graphic add-on creates the technical functionality for integrating a document into an SAP Adobe form. The identification of the graphics follows a very individual logic for each form. It is useful to order the document determination separately, depending on your individual logic.
- SAP ECC 6.0 or higher
- Java Stack with Adobe Document Services
Installation on your system
After the order has been placed to us, we require access to your SAP system. In a short time, we will implement the DMS graphics add-on, including all the components involved, on your SAP system.
Optionally, we also offer the further development / modification of the DMS graphics add-on according to your specifications.
- SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe – Das DVS Grafik-AddOn kann uneingeschränkt in Druckprogrammen für SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe verwendet werden.
- SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe – The DMS graphic add-on can be used without any restrictions in print programs for SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe.
- SAP Script and Smart Forms – The DVS graphic add-on can be used without restriction for the output of emails, which are based on SAP Script and Smart Forms print programs. If graphics from the DVS are to be integrated into SAP Script or Smart Forms, a conversion program is necessary, which converts the graphics into a PCL or Postscript data stream and merges into the SAP Spool. Additional developments and, if necessary, the purchase of licenses for conversion programs are necessary. For example, the product s.a.x. MasterLayout module XDC from saxsoft.