New perspectives by migrating to Adobe Forms
Migrating to Adobe Forms is usually a matter of debate, if you are an SAP user for several years. Because then, a fundamental redesign of the existing forms is often the order of the day. There are multiple reasons for that:
- In the SAP implementation phase, the form development was not given the necessary attention.
- The forms can no longer be changed without causing unforeseen consequential errors.
- The department writes down requirements that can not be realized with SAP Script or Smart Forms.
- Customers or the auditor require archiving forms in PDF/A format.
- The number of errors with the existing SAP forms in productive operation has exceeded the acceptable level.
- The use of an external output management system is too expensive or has major weaknesses in SAP integration and should be replaced by a solution in the SAP standard.
In this situation, the desire to replace existing SAP forms with a migration to Adobe Forms is growing. SAP offers a migration tool from Smart Forms to Adobe Forms, but this is very limited.
There is no migration tool for Sap Script. Learn more about the extremely scanty tool for migrating Smart Forms auf Adobe Forms.
A clear definition of the project objective is important. Migrating to Adobe Forms is not just about converting to a new form technology, but you should consider such a project as an opportunity to learn from past experiences and to put the relevant forms on a stable, forward-looking basis.
The central challenge is the integration of the form logic into Adobe Forms, which has grown over the years.
In most cases a new development of the forms is necessary. Initial analyzes of the project scope often result in the fact that the effort involved in migrating to Adobe Forms is comparable to the effort of form development in the SAP implementation.
Our services for you
Now it is time to contact solidforms. Especially when migrating SAP forms to Adobe Forms, we can fully exploit our strengths on all fronts.
- Our many years of experience with SAP forms and the realization by a professional saves you up to 70% of the costs.
Migration to Adobe Forms in detail
Determine the flow logic in the forms and print programs
- Interviews with the keyusers
- Analysis of forms and print programs
Development of forms and print programs
- Use of solidforms form templates
- Make additions
- Permanent testing
Integration test and subsequent Go Live support
- Final Finetuning
- Tests with productive scenarios
- Corrections and additions after Go Live
Case Study on migration to Adobe Forms
How a migration to Adobe Forms is implemented in detail is available in our case study.
A company in the wood industry had introduced SAP in the late 1990s. After more than 10 years as a SAP user, they were at a point where the sales forms could not be changed without producing a chain of unforeseen consequential errors
Migration der Vertriebsformulare auf Adobe Forms