Many companies use Office 365. This package also includes Microsoft Exchange to send emails. The following tutorial explains how to configure the e-mail outbox in SAP to establish an SMTP connection from SAP to Microsoft 365. As a result, you can then send emails directly from SAP.
Steps to configure the e-mail output in SAP
Step 1) Check the network connection from SAP to Office 365
- Ping the server smtp.office365.com from the SAP server
Step 2) Set the ICM parameter in the instance profile
- Transaction RZ10
- Selection of the instance profile. The instance profile has the system ID and / or the name of the server in the name
- Select “Maintain extended”
- Maintain an entry for the parameter icm / server_port_1
- Then enter the following parameter value:
- PROT = SMTP, PORT = 0, TIMEOUT = 120 PROCTIMEOUT = 120, TLS = 1
- Then activate the profile.
Step 3) Reboot the ICM Services
- Transaction SMICM
- Restart the ICM services
- Then check in the parameters whether the parameters set in the RZ10 have also arrived.
- The parameter must now appear.
- If the parameter for icm / server_port_1 has not been updated by restarting the ICM services, you can do the following:
- a) Hard stop of ICM services, then reboot
- b) Shut down and restart the SAP application server
Step 4) Enable the SAP SMTP service
- Transaktion SICF
Step 5) Configure the SMTP connection to Office 365 / MS Exchange
- Transaction SCOT
- Enter Mailhost (smtp.office365.com) and Port (587)
- Go to “Settings” and enter TLS and ANONYM
- Enter the user and password that you use to log in to Office 365 or the Exchange server.
- Set the address range to “*” for the Internet connections.
- The default domain is usually the domain from Office 365.
Step 6) Schedule a send job
- Transaction SCOT
Schritt 7) Testing the mail send process
- Transaction SBWP
- Write a mail to a recipient from the Office 365 domain.
- In transaction SOST, the dispatch can be triggered and the status checked.
- If the email arrives successfully at the receiver, one chooses now an email receiver from any domain. If an error occurs here, the authorization must be checked in the Office 365 / MS Exchange.