When the message of a PO is issued, in certain cases, the PO is issued in a mix of output language and another language. The aim should be that all elements of a PO are always printed in the message language. Just as it is the case with the formsin sales (invoice, etc.).
In many companies there is now the requirement to mark products with a bar code of type GS1 Datamatrix directly from SAP. Unfortunately, the creation of a GS1 DataMatrix barcode is currently not supported in SAP standard. In particular, the FNC1 codes can not be inserted into a DataMatrix barcode. This fact is also indicated by the OSS note “1815093 – GS1 data matrix barcodes are not supported“.
Migrating to Adobe Forms is usually a matter of debate, if you are an SAP user for several years. Because then, a fundamental redesign of the existing forms is often the order of the day. There are multiple reasons for that:
- In the SAP implementation phase, the development of forms was not given the necessary attention.
- The forms can no longer maintained without causing unforeseen errors.
- The department draws up requirements which can not be realized with SAPScript or Smart Forms.
- Customers or the IT auditor require archiving forms in PDF/A format.
- The number of errors with the existing SAP forms in productive system has exceeded the acceptable level.
- The use of an external output management system is too expensive or has major weaknesses in SAP integration and should be replaced by a solution within the SAP environment.
Telephone: +49 (0) 39959-599810
Telefax: +49 (0) 39959-594999